Data privacy and protection is very important to us for everyone who uses our products and services, and who entrusts us with their information. So you can better understand how we collect data, what we do with it and how we look after it we have written the below information. We will tell you how ling we keep data and what happens when we no longer need it. We will also outline what rights you have over your data and how we protect and facilitate those rights.
We want you to be able to opt out as easily as you opted in. Any marketing email we send you will always have an “unsubscribe” link that will take you off that relevant marketing list. Please remember that you may subscribed from another email address; you will only be able yo use the link to “unsubscribe” from the address to which the marketing email has been sent. We make it easy for you to change your preferences for postal marketing as well, giving clear instructions for opting out on all direct mail.
1. What personal information do we collect from you?
- When you purchase for any of our products or services
- When you register to receive our newsletters
- When you use our websites
- When you attend any of our events
- When you enter any of our running competitions
- If you contact us about a query or a complaint
We collect the following types of information:
When you purchase a product or sign up to our workshops or to an email newsletter, we will ask you to provide information such as your name, email and/or postal address so that we can provide you with the services requested.
General Personal Information
When conducting surveys or running competitions, in addition to contact information, we may collect other personal information such as your gender, date of birth, marital status, etc.
When you purchase a product or service from us, such as buying the products listed or signing in the workshops, we will also ask you for your payment details in addition to your contact information, in order to secure payment and to authorize access to our products and services.
When you visit one of our websites, we collect information about your web visit, such as how long you visited, what sites you visited or pages you looked at, your IP address and where you were when you visited, what sort of device you ere using when you visited (such as a mobile phone or type or desktop PC, Mac, etc.). When you visit one of our websites, we collect data on your online behaviour (e.g. time spent on website, items clicked on, etc.).
2. How do we use your personal information?
When you sign up to one of our newsletters, you are giving consent for us to use the email address provided to send you relevant content for the brands you have signed up to. You can withdraw this consent for any newsletter by unsubscribing at any time.
Delivery of goods and services / Customer Account Management
We will use the information you have provided for the provision of goods and/or services that you have requested and subsequently communicating with you about those products and services. Please note that when you buy something from us – such as product or a ticket to our workshops – we may contact you about your registration details, to manage any account or subscription you have with us, or to provide customer service. This will be the case even if you have opted-out, or declined to consent to, receiving promotional emails.
When you enter one of our online competitions, we will process your information for the purposes of picking a winner. If you have opted-in to receiving information from us about our products and services (e.g. receiving product offers, event invitations, signing up for newsletters, etc.) then we will use the information you provide to make sure we offer you relevant products and services (based on where you love, your age, gender, tastes, preferences, etc.). If you have opted-in to receive news and offers from any competition sponsors, we will share your information with them.
Further details about this is outlined in the “who do we share information with” with section.
3. Legal bases for data processing – what does it mean and how do we use them?
The law on data protection sets out several different reasons why a company may collect and process your personal data and it is one of our duties to make sure you understand which of these lawful bases we are using to process your data.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent:
- When you sign up to any newsletter
- When you tick a box ro receive email from HAIRITAGE about news and offers
- When you give us your details to enter a competition
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests:
- We personalize the marketing content we provide you
- If you have bought a product or service from us, we will also use your details to send you direct marketing information by email or post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you
- We will only use legitimate interest after we have properly evaluated the data processing and conducted a necessary balancing test. We wil also give data subjects the right to object to the processing at any time
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting us to law enforcement.
We work with service providers to perform some tasks on our behalf. This might include: analysis, payments, marketing, etc. and including tagging and blending non-personal site user data to provide aggregate demographics on our audiences. We may share your personal data with these providers to perform the necessary tasks. However, they are obliged not to disclose or use it for any other purposes. Any third-party processing of your data on our behalf will be subject to security and confidentiality obligations consistent with this privacy notice and applicable law.
Law Enforcement Organizations
Under certain circumstances, we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request.
With your explicit permission, we may share your information with other companies we are working with, such as competition sponsors. Whenever we share your information with another company, we will always ask for your permission, will name the company and will always be clear that your information will be shared with another organization.
If you are aged between 13 and 18, we request that you seek your parent or guardian’s permission before providing us with your information or using our websites or apps.
4. How long will we keep data?
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the individual service/s you have requested, while taking into account any legal requirements and tax accounting rules. We do not store customer data for longer than 6 years after the last purchase.
Where you sign up to receive email marketing from us we will retain your email address after you ‘opt-out’ of receiving emails to ensure that we continue to honour and respect that request. To unsubscribe from marketing emails at any time, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email and update your account preferences. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We may sometimes use the data you share with us, and that we collect about you when browsing our websites and products to personalize our services and to tailor marketing content. For example, we may use information you have provided to send you information about products we think you may be interested in. If you do not want to receive this material, you can unsubscribe at any point.
6. Your rights
As a customer, you have rights when it comes to your data:
- The right to be informed. At every point we are collecting your data, we will inform you of why it is being collected and how it is being processed.
- The right of access. If you wish to see what information we hold on you, you may send us what is called a Subject Access Request. We will require photocopies of two pieces of identification. We will respond within 30 days of receipt of your request. There is no cost to you in requesting to see your data, but please note that we reserve the right to charge you if you make subsequent requests. You can use the contact details below for a Subject Access Request.
- The right to rectification. We offer the opportunity to amend your personal information by contacting us using the details below.
- The right to erasure. If you wish to cancel all communications with us, we can anonymise or de-identify your data. Please contact us using the details below. Please make sure you inform us of all email accounts, profiles, names, etc. that you may have used with us that you wish to erase.
- The right to restrict processing. You can opt-out or restrict the processing of your data by:
Amending your cookie settings in your browser
Unsubscribing from postal and email communications, using our preference center email@example.com
7. How to contact us?
Unit 30, Stadium Business Centre
North End Road